Monday, September 18, 2017

Layla ~ Ceramic Effect 28



Layla ~ Ceramic Effect 28
Turquoise shimmer

I got Layla when I was in Italy earlier this year. It’s a lovely turquoise – easy to apply and to work with. I used two coats for my mani and the drying time between coats was pretty good.

I applied a layer of holo topcoat to add a bit of rainbows. I used an oldie for that, Treasure by Tan’s “Oasis”. I haven’t used that much since I bought it, mainly because I wasn’t happy with the other Treasures by Tan polishes I bought at the same time. They’re all sold now, but there’s nothing wrong with the holo topper, which is why I kept it.

I made the whole thing into a star manicure. I used cheap vinyls for the purpose, and I sponged the silver holo on. I used Colors by Llarowe’s stamping polish “Sparkling Diamonds” to sponge with.

This is the final manicure, including a layer of topcoat. The photo is taken with flash.


The stars on the ring finger is actually vinyls from the sheet I used. I really like the effect of them.


This is Layla #28, two layers, with a layer of Treasures by Tan’s “Oasis” holo topcoat on top. The photo is taken in the sun.


And here’s the Layla on its own. Two coats and no topcoat. It’s a lovely polish on its own as well.


This is all the stuff I used. The vinyls are big and my nails are small, so each vinyl covered two nails, which means I used 6 vinyls for 10 nails in total.


I love having stars and holo on my nails!

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Good basic polish, good quality
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. What a pretty effect with the stars! I'm going to Italy in less than two weeks and I hope to be able to buy some Layla. Were they easy to come by? Do you have any shopping tips? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm replying way too late, you're probably already there!
      Where are you going? I was in Rome and I didn't find the polishes super easy to find. Enter the small perfume-shops, they usually have a variety of brands :)

      Delete
  2. I am loving that layla polishes. You've reminded me how much I miss one of the ones I used to have.. Maybe I need more Layla. I LOVE the holo stars on top, those stickers stand out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am a Layla fan too, they make so great polishes :)

      Delete
  3. Ele é muito lindo, cpm as estrelinhas ficou uma graça.

    Bjim...
    >>blog Usei Hoje<<
    >>Instagram<<

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layla is very pretty and holo is the final touch! ♡

    ReplyDelete