Wednesday, September 6, 2017

IT Style ~ Gel Look #11



IT Style ~ Gel Look #11
Dark blue with shimmer

It’s time for another one of my Italian polishes, namely one of the IT Style I brought home from my holiday earlier this year.

The formula is easy to work with but the polish is a bit sheer. I thought I could get away with two coats but I had to apply three coats before I was fully satisfied. The drying time was pretty good so I forgive the three coats. It’s a really nice blue too!

The stamp I used is from stamping plate Mezerdoo39 and I stamped with “Orchid”, a cool stamping polish from El Corazón.

There’s a layer of El Corazón’s holo flakie topcoat 421h/25 on top of it all, and this, dear ladies, is my final manicure:


Here’s a photo of #11 on its own. It’s supposed to be “Gel look” and it does look really nice, but I don’t think it looks like gel. I could probably have fixed that with a layer of topcoat, but then it’s the topcoat that makes it look like gel and not the polish.


I’m definitely satisfied with this polish even though I think it’s incorrect to call it gel look. I’d buy it again for sure.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Jelly with shimmer
Overall impression: A really pleasant colour and I like the subtle shimmer
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie! It is a wonderful blue! And the final manicure so pretty. I've never heard of the brand it style, now I'm curious to find it out! Smuack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I have only ever seen this brand in Italy if that helps :)

      Delete
  2. I like the color, but I don't like the real gel look, so it's good it doesn't look as thick as gel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! Would not have guessed it was on the sheer side. I love it with the nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised over the sheerness as well. And thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Wow what a gorgeous blue :-D Lovely mani :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, the stamping looks so great!

    ReplyDelete