Wednesday, September 27, 2017

China Glaze ~ I Sea Ponies



China Glaze ~ I Sea Ponies
Silver linear holo

I Sea Ponies is from the My Little Pony collection from Summer 2017. It’s a plain silver holo but I ignored the fact that I don’t really need any more silver holos and bought it anyway.

The formula is a little bit like the formula on an older China Glaze holographic collection, namely the Hologlam Collection from Spring 2013. It wasn’t streaky and I got full coverage in two coats. The drying time is good.

I made a radial gradient stampicure out of it. The design is from the stamping plate Kaleidoscope BPX-L009 and I stamped with two Colour Alike stamping polishes: B. a Raindrop and B. a Red Wine. Here’s the final manicure including a layer of protective topcoat. The photo is taken in the sunshine.


I love stamping gradients even though they are impossible to make all alike.


The silver holo is not showing any signs of rainbows out of the sunshine. It’s a plain silver, but a pretty one for sure. This picture is taken in the lightbox.


This is I Sea Ponies on its own. Two coats, no topcoat, taken in the sunshine.


Here’s the mandatory inventory picture.


I’ll show you a couple of other polishes from the collection of My Little Pony polishes over the next days, so stay tuned. I can reveal that the next two are the glitters of the collection.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Subtle linear holo
Overall impression: Good basic polish, no rainbows in the shade though
Buy again: Yes I probably would

4 comments:

  1. It looks quite nice but to be honest I would expect more from a CG holo, since they have made some truly amazing holos in the past. I'm looking forward to seeing the glitters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it would be so cool with an "in your face"-holo again! ♥

      Delete