Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Barry M ~ Copper Mine



Barry M ~ Copper Mine
Copper metallic foil

Copper Mine is from Molten Metal Collection from Summer 2016. I am usually not into coppery colours but I bought this polish for stamping purposes. I swatched it on a nail wheel when it arrived and found out two things:
One: it might not be opaque enough to be suitable for stamping
Two: This polish is super beautiful!

I decided to use it for a water marble manicure.

I used three polishes:
Copper Mine from Barry M
Ocean Blue from Nabi
Blu Imperiale from Gabriella Salvete

I topped it all with Northern Lights holo glitter topcoat from Out the Door.

Here’s my final manicure taken in daylight:


It’s Copper Mine and Blu Imperiale that steals the spotlight. Ocean Blue from Nabi doesn’t show much but it was the polish that acted the best in the water and helped the other polishes spread out nicely.


Here are the polishes I used.


It’s not very often I see water marbling anymore. I’m still keen on it though because I really like the end result.


Number of coats: 2 for full opacity
Drying time: N/A
Finish: Metallic foil
Overall impression: Great colour, covers in two coats and water marbles
Buy again: Yes

6 comments:

  1. It looks really cool! I can't watermarble at all so I'm always so impressed by that technique:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It took me a long while to break the code to water marbling :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous marble. Yes it does looks super cool! I skipped this, may have to get it :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think you might have to check it out in real life - I'm sure you'll love it :D

      Delete
  3. How pretty this manicure, the effect is marvellous! Smuack!

    ReplyDelete