Sunday, October 2, 2016

Manhattan ~ Red-Y-Licious and Lacquester ~ Holo Dek 14-35


Manhattan ~ Red-Y-Licious and Lacquester ~ Holo Dek 14-35
Classic red with shimmer

I always check out Manhattan’s nail polishes when I visit Germany because they make so many great shimmers of good quality.

Red-Y-Licious went right into my basket! It’s a beautiful red shimmer, the kind of reds I cannot resist.

The formula is great and so is the coverage. I could have got away with one coat if I had been in a hurry! I wasn’t in a hurry though and that’s not usually how I roll. I like giving my nails the attention they deserve and take my time with it. So: I applied two easy coats and the drying time between layers was really good.

This is how beautiful two coats and no topcoat is:

Manhattan ~ Red-Y-Licious
Manhattan ~ Red-Y-Licious

I have just got Laquester’s Holo-Dek 14-35, so I decided to give that a go. One layer of Lacquester’s holo topper went on, and here’s a flash picture of that step:

Manhattan ~ Red-Y-Licious and Lacquester ~ Holo Dek 14-35
Manhattan ~ Red-Y-Licious and Lacquester ~ Holo Dek 14-35

Lacquester has this text on their website:

“1 coat of Holo Dek 14-35 will give a decent holo finish. 2 Coats will make it pretty spectacular already and 2 coats will provide the perfect WOW factor!
Personally I like 2 coats the best, as 3 coats will eventually grey your color.”

I have tried a lot of holo toppers by now and it’s so few of them that doesn’t grey the base colour some. So the above text intrigued me and made me buy the topper. I thought that it was impressive if it actually took three coats before the base colour was greyed.

I only applied one coat, and not a thick coat. My base colour was greyed, more than I would have expected after reading the said text. Look at this picture taken in the shade and judge for yourself:

Manhattan ~ Red-Y-Licious and Lacquester ~ Holo Dek 14-35
Manhattan ~ Red-Y-Licious and Lacquester ~ Holo Dek 14-35

This is not a bad topper, I like the rainbows it comes with, even after just one coat. But it does grey the underlaying colour in my opinion.

Anyway, enough about that! I added dots to my mani! I used Cupcake Polish’s Bloodhound and a cheap nameless glitter from Cosmetic Arts.

This is my final mani including topcoat:

Manhattan ~ Red-Y-Licious and Lacquester ~ Holo Dek 14-35

Here are the polishes I used:

Manhattan Red-Y-Licious, Lacquester Holo Dek 14-35,
Cupcake Polish Bloodhound, Cosmetic Arts no name

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Great polish, I love the quality and the colour.
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. OMG what a gorgeous red - love it!
    Yes, it's a pity that most holo toppers grey the color...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of the red too!
      I do know they often grey the colour but was disappointed in this one because it sounded as if it took three coats to actually grey the colour. That was not the case for sure :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice red! I think I`ve never had Manhattan polish, but other make up cosmetics I like a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have some Manhattan polishes and I really like them all. I'm also a fan of their other make up! :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, it's grey-ish a bit, but how it sparkles! Lovely base shade too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous red! Wondering now if I have that same one. Holodek is always a great option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably already have it, you have many great polishes :)

      Delete