Thursday, October 15, 2015

China Glaze ~ Ugly Sweater Party



China Glaze ~ Ugly Sweater Party
Pink, blue and holographic glitter

Ugly Sweater Party is from the Cheers Collection from Christmas 2015. It’s shiny and it’s glittery and it’s right down my alley.

I hadn’t seen swatches before I bought it, so I wasn’t quite sure whether this was a topper or a polish that would work on it’s own. I might as well reveal right now that it isn’t a topper. This glittery beauty works really well on its own, wait and see.

The formula is exactly what to expect from a polish loaded with glitter: It feels thick but it isn’t really. I used two coats for my mani, and the drying time between the layers was surprisingly good.

And be still my glittery heart! Here’s two coats and no topcoat taken in ordinary daylight:


The polish dries up a bit bumpy because of the glitters, it’s hardly surprising for anybody. I didn’t apply topcoat yet though. I wasn’t finished with the manicure.


I stamped on it. I found a sweater motif on Moyra Stamping Plate-02 Fabric Texture. I thought that would be very appropriate for a polish called Ugly Sweater Party, haha. I also stamped a moose on my ring finger nails. I used my faithful Black from NailNation 3000 for the stamping.

Here’s the final mani including a layer of topcoat:


The stamping drowns a little bit in all the glitter, but I don’t mind.


I bought three glitters from the Cheers Collection, and I’m going to show you the other two very shortly!

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Glitter, glitter, glitter
Overall impression: Wow, this is so glittery and shiny and cool
Buy again: Yes

24 comments:

  1. LOL hat sweater isn't ugly - and a good idea to stamp one on it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought I needed to stamp sweater patterns on it :D

      Delete
  2. Wonderful sparkle and the stamping looks great on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWooww I love both versions! This glittery nail polish is such a beauty *___*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! This is also a Ugly Sweater Party? Well, yours is definately not ugly! I like th China Glaze Glitters a lot. I need a good peel off base to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't wear a peel off base and I kind of regret that. This took a little while to get off again :D

      Delete
  5. What a name for this polish :D
    I like it with the stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty! I must check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome name and I love how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!

    I like your posts and photos
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Would you like to follow each other on gfc? I'd be so happy! :)

    http://vkusnosbety.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're killing me with these awesome glitters! MUST! BUY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sparkly! ^^ Love it stamped!

    ReplyDelete