Sunday, September 27, 2015

Liquid Sky Lacquer ~ XTC



Liquid Sky Lacquer ~ XTC
Pink with subtle holo

I have had this polish for a really long time. And there’s a reason for that so let me explain that to you right away. You probably know that I love holos, right? The more extreme holo, the better. And Liquid Sky has made some pretty amazing extreme holos, so when I ordered XTC I thought I was going to get a shocking pink extreme holographic. But no :/ XTC is pink, yes, but with a warm undertone I don’t think fits my skintone fantastically. And the holo effect is not in your face, it’s in fact very subtle. That’s not what I wanted!

Anyway, the formula is good. Two coats is what it takes and the drying time is good.

Here’s what it looks like taken with flash.


See? The colour is great when the flash is on, but where are my rainbows???
Here’s a low light picture. It’s not 100% colour accurate, there’s a coral tone that I wasn’t able to pick up with the camera. This was the best I could do.


I applied a layer of El Corazón’s holo flakie topper 421h/25 to give it just a little bit more sparkle. I didn’t take a picture of this step. 

After that I ended up stamping on it. I found a motif on a Fauxnad plate and I stamped with my faithful NailNation 3000 Black. A layer of topcoat completed the mani, and here it is taken with flash again:


The low light picture:


I think I have to find a new home for this, because I can’t quite see myself wearing this again, even though it is a really cool colour in the sunshine.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Subtle holo
Overall impression: This is prettiest in the sunshine. I would love more holo.
Buy again: No

18 comments:

  1. Even if the holo effect is so delicate and subtle I love very much the color!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I have started being picky with my holos :D

      Delete
  2. Yes, the holo isn't much visible here... it's a lovely pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I'll be honest, its not my colour either. Nice for someone else though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else is going to give it more love than I will then! :)

      Delete
  4. I like it even if the holo is not too much powerful =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks good on you - even if you don't think so LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see the holo, but I love how bright it is

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a very pretty pink but yeah the holo is quite subtle :-) Lovely design :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this BAM pink even if it has no holo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although the holo effect isn't actually visible, it's a beautiful colour :D

    ReplyDelete