Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mentality Polish ~ Neon Purple Opaque



Mentality Polish ~ Neon Purple Opaque
Neon purple matte stamping polish

I have decided to copy the method from the last couple of days and try it as a regular polish and as a stamping polish over both black and white. It seems like a nice way to actually find out what this polish can do, don’t you think?!

So: I painted my pinkie and my pointer with the neon purple. The polish covers in two coats. If it didn’t dry so wickedly fast I might have been able to get away with one coat, but I really needed coat number two to even out irregularities. I finished it off with a layer of topcoat and that made everything look a lot better.

Here’s the final mani:


The stamping went pretty much like yesterday. The polish dries so fast that you need to work like a ninja! Whoosh whoosh and on the polish went, haha!


I learned my lesson from the two last days and worked as fast as I possibly could. I was pleased with the result even though my lines aren’t as crisp as they could have been.


Verdict:
This colour is really awesome and I love the way it stamps. It looks cool on its own and even better as a stamp.
It does require topcoat to even out irregularities made by the fact that it dries so fast. I don’t mind topcoat at all. Once again; it’s not a polish for beginners into stamping because it does require some really fast working. 


EDIT: This polish is no longer in my possesion. I sent it back after I heard about the issues with Mentality's base. I wouldn't dare to wear it again.


Number of coats: 1 or 2
Drying time: Fast. Like Really fast!
Finish: Matte neon stamping polish
Overall impression: I like this colour a lot!
Buy again: Yes

17 comments:

  1. I think many matte polishes/neons dry that fast, both kind of nice and kind of annoying!
    It looks really well no matter what ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I must admit that the drying time was a challenge. I have never tried to stamp that fast before, haha! :D

      Delete
  2. Oooooh I loooove this purple. So beautiful. Great stamping polish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to use this as a regular polish. Love that color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous colour, so I definitely think you should :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous bright purple! Love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour and your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a me-color but it looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete