Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pahlish ~ Pop Rock Panic



Pahlish ~ Pop Rock Panic
Purple linear holo with purple neon shimmer

Pop Rock Panic is from the Happy Holo-Ween from Halloween 2014.

The formula is sheer so it took me three coats to make it opaque. I experienced some dragging, which is really unusual for a Pahlish. The drying time between the coats is good.

Let me show you three coats and no topcoat in the sunshine:


And here it is taken with flash. The shimmer is stunning!


Here’s a low light picture.


I made stripes on it. First a big stripe down the middle with a blue glitter from L. A. Splash called Wicked. And then three silver holo stripes: One down the middle and one on each side of the glitter to frame it. A layer of topcoat, and my mani was done.

Sunshine picture:


Flashlight:


Low lights:


The polishes:

I am not sure that Pop Rock Panic is quite me. I like the holo effect and the shimmer, but the colour isn’t a spot on me-colour. The fact that I had issues with the formula didn’t help.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear holo with shimmer
Overall impression: Great rainbows and shimmer. Not crazy about the many coats.
Buy again: No

23 comments:

  1. Its a pretty colour and I love the stripes in your mani, but 3 sheer coats...nope there are better purple holos out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are! I'm moving it on to a better home today :)

      Delete
  2. Its a pretty colour and I love the stripes in your mani, but 3 sheer coats...nope there are better purple holos out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice purple and I still love that ghost on the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I wonder why I didn't buy that one - ah then you mention three coats, that's probably why LOL
    But it is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty, but I decided to move it on anyway :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely stripes - 3 coats is much when it comes to holos, 2 usually are enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. A polish needs to be extremely pretty for me to keep it if it's a three coater :D

      Delete
  6. The bottle is so cute! And I like the pale purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour and their bottles too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear, what a pretty turquoise manicure =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very pretty purple. Soft yet intense(if that makes sense :P)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lovely purple! Love the stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it with holo stripes more than on its own :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, this colour looks so gorgeous, and it's even better with these stripes <3

    ReplyDelete