Thursday, February 19, 2015

A2Z Challenge: O is for Old


Last week it was new and this week it’s old. These challenges are really challenging – I spend quite a lot of thinking about what to do for each of them. I had quite a number of ideas for “old”, but they all included golden and/or rusty colours, and that entire colour scheme is just not mine.

So I thought: What is really old? I mean, really really old!

The oldest thing I could think of was the universe. It’s 13.798±0.037 billion years ((13.798±0.037)×109 years) – that’s getting on up there. I don’t think anything beats that.

Here’s part of the universe, right here on my fingernails:



There are five colours/polishes involved:
Herome WIC: Montenegro
Flormar Supershine: #006
Golden Rose Galaxy: #12
H&M: Snow White
OPI: Comet in the Sky


I obviously started with black and then I just started dapping the other colours on. I finished with a layer of OPI’s Comet in the Sky, which is a clear base with black and iridescent glitter. It’s a perfect glitter for galaxy nails!


It almost ended up looking as if I used foil, but I didn’t. It’s all just ordinary nail polish :)

Here are the five polishes I used:

Herome WIC: Montenegro, Flormar Supershine: #006, Golden Rose Galaxy: #12,
H&M: Snow White, OPI: Comet in the Sky

I dig this a lot, even with the black base!

The challenge next week is Pale. I have a feeling that it isn’t just going to be a pastel mani, but stay tuned and find out!

You should also check out what the rest of the cool girls did – I can’t wait to see it myself: 


24 comments:

  1. Great mani! I love your galaxy :) This OPI makes an impression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, that OPI is great for galaxies :)

      Delete
  2. Can I come and fly in you universe, it looks so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mani is stunning. I like your interpretation of the theme. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ideas are always great, dear! Your universe looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously amazing mani. I really love it :-D nice idea too for the challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great! I like galactic manis, and your version is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm happy to hear that you think so :)

      Delete
  7. That's certainly an original concept of old, looks beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant idea - love your logic. And the mani is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous galaxy manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete