Sunday, December 7, 2014

OPI ~ DS Pewter



OPI ~ DS Pewter   
Black base with silver glitter, matte and textured finish

I bought DS Pewter last year – I knew I had it when I saw it – also even though I’m not usually into black. I was intrigued by the finish, the glitter and the texture!

So yes, it had to be mine.

The formula is great and so easy to work with. The polish glides on easily and dries fast between the coats. It covers really well, it was almost opaque after the first coat. I applied two for perfection though.

And wow. Just, wow. It looks gorgeous! Here’s two coats and no topcoat:


The polish dries up to a semi matte finish and to a slightly textured finish. I dig that.


I wanted slightly more colour though, so I grabbed a red glitter from Golden Rose’s Jolly Jewels collection – #121. I freehanded a red stripe down one third the nails. I alternated between the sides because I think it looks cool. I topcoated it, and here’s the final result:


I love this polish when it’s topcoated too – the glitters pop more that way.


One last shot, just because I like showing off, haha!


Did you notice that the Golden Rose polish has got two stickers on the front? :)

I love that I chose to buy this, despite the fact that it’s black. The silver glitters are amazing and it’s just wow with a topcoat on. Win, win, win!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Black base with glitter, semi matte and textured finish
Overall impression: Fantastic polish!
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. It sure is nice. I bought it last year and still not had it on.....story of my life... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Story of mine too, hahaha!! :D Wear it - it'll look lovely on you!

      Delete
  2. Heh, the stickers :D The OPI looks like a stone, interesting finish. Nice red too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the only polish I have that has double stickers, I find it funny :D

      Delete
  3. I feel the same way about pure black - and I too think this is super interesting!
    And I love it even more with the addition of the red...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely twist on black and I love it with the red glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the silver glitter in the black polish, makes it really beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really makes a huge difference with that silver glitter, I love it too :)

      Delete