Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Morgan Taylor: Deck the Halls, Rare as Rubies and Fit for a Queen



Morgan Taylor: Deck the Halls, Rare as Rubies and Fit for a Queen
- The red glitters

I love all things shiny, and I have a seriously soft spot for red glitters. They are truly my kryptonite! I found three red glitters in my box of untrieds – there are more of them than three, but these three are all from Morgan Taylor, so I thought I’d show them in the same post.

First one up is Deck the Halls. It’s from the new "Home for the Holidays" collection and it’s a red jelly base with red and silver glitter. Uh, it’s gorgeous.

The formula is a bit on the thick side but still easy to work with. It covers really well for a jelly too – I used two coats for my swatches. The drying time between the coats is pretty good.

I might as well tell you right away – this is my favourite polish in this post. I think it looks really good. Here’s two coats and a layer of topcoat:


Look at how the silver hexes swim in the jelly.


Deck the Halls needs a layer of topcoat for the glitters to really shine.


One last shot of the prettiness.


Verdict:
Need I say that I love this. I think it’s a fabulous polish!


Next one up is Rare as Rubies. It’s a red jelly base loaded with red glitters. The formula is okay but the bigger glitters can be a bit tricky when you apply the polish close to the cuticles. Anyway, I managed, haha. I still had visible nail line after two coats so I applied a third and that helped. The drying time between the layers is pretty average. I applied a layer of topcoat before I took my pictures.

So here is a picture of three coats and a layer of topcoat:


Mmm, red glittah!!


One thing I don’t like so much about this is that it quickly gets to look lumpy on the nails because of the huge amounts of glitter. It takes more than one layer of topcoat to even that out.


The final shot:


Verdict:
This is my least favourite, mostly because of the “lumpy look” that I’m not so crazy about. If I had to get rid of one of the three, this would be it.


Last one in the series is Fit for a Queen. It’s from the relatively new "The Royal Life" collection and it’s also a red jelly base but this one has got red microglitter.

The formula is good and easy to apply. I was almost happy after two coats and if I didn’t have a camera that picked up every little irregularity I would have stayed with two coats. I applied a third one for the pictures though. Again: I applied a layer of topcoat before I grabbed the camera.

Here’s what three coats plus a layer of topcoat looks like:


Oh yes, I did this. I dig it a lot!


I absolutely adore this.


And the last shot to show off the glittah:


Verdict:
I’d definitely buy this again, it’s seriously pretty.


Are you also a fan of red glitter?

18 comments:

  1. I think I'm in love with Deck the Halls!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are truly gorgeous - but I agree in the lumpiness in the Rare as Rubies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall try and layer it and see how that goes :)

      Delete
  3. All are pretty; the first one is my nr 1 because of the finish with large glitters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they're soooo gorgeous. Love each and every one of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, pretties! I've only seen this brand once, in a nail supply nowhere near where I live. Hope to find them again somewhere closer one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy mine online, that's the easiest way for me to get my grabby little hands on them :D

      Delete
  6. Hmm all gorgeous I think glittery red are my kryptonite too. I'm not as keen on the middle one not only cause of the lumpy glitters bit the colour isn't as nice either. I think deck the halls is my favorite, such a pretty colour and pretty glityer. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't resist a good glittery red, they're so darn pretty!
      Deck the Halls is amazing, a total favourite here - I understand why it's yours too :)

      Delete
  7. Nice collection of 3. I find MT too be really expensive over here and old tend to buy them in the sales! Deck the Halls is amazing :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morgan Taylors are really expensive here too, so I either swap my way to them or buy them off eBay :D

      Delete
  8. They are all so pretty and suit you so well! But my favorite is Deck The Halls. Looove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've definitely got a thing for red glitters :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely reds ~ Deck the Halls is the tops however for me

    ReplyDelete