Thursday, December 4, 2014

A2Z Challenge: F is for Fashion



I am not a huge fashion lover to be honest. I am one of them girls who thinks the fashion industry is totally out of touch with us normal people. I don’t buy fashion magazines and I only wear clothes that I actually like. I have my own style, don’t need a magazine to tell me what I should like.

So I’m not really in touch with what’s going on with the fashion scene at the moment. What I do know is that Barbie has been in the fashion industry for 55 years, so I consulted her to find something fashionable to get my inspiration from.

Here’s what she wore the day I went to ask her:


Orange knitwear? Uh huh, that sounds pretty fashionable to me.

Here’s what it looks like on my nails:


The base colour is Skulloween from Lilypad Lacquer. It’s a limited edition polish from the What’s In-die Box from October this year. The silver lines are made with Gosh “Holographic Hero”. I added some silver glitter to the belt with Amour’s “Silver Stars”. It’s sealed up with a thick layer of topcoat.


One last fashion shot:


And the polishes I used: 


The challenge next week is gold. We’ll se how that goes ;)

Check out what these cool girls made this week: 


18 comments:

  1. Barbie is timeless! Lovely interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Same about fashion. I don't like when somebody tells me what to wear and I have my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like that :)

      Delete
  3. Your Barbie is super trendy :D - and I'm sure she was proud of your matching nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbie is a perfect inspiration! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The barbie dresse is really nice. Did you do the dress yourself? Very nice the nail too. They do go with the barbie dress. I do not follow fashion too. I can wear something for years if i like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not that good at crocheting so no, I couldn't make a dress like that, even if I tried!
      :D

      Delete
  6. Lol I have my own ideas about fashion ;-) Happiest when I'm wearing a tshirt and jeans ;-)

    This is an interesting post, I like it with the Barbie and all. Nice mani - that orange looks good :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T-shirt and jeans are always nice, I agree! :)
      And thank you, I appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  7. I thought you said you weren't into fashion! Barbie's totally fashionable. Just check out that fab outfit. She's even sporting a bit of a tan! On a different note I love your mani especially the orange polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orange is a winner for sure, such a gorgeous colour! And I was sure I did well involving Barbie in this little fashion project! :)

      Delete
  8. Barbie's tastes are obviously progressing from pink. Love this mani x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a colour Barbie didn't look good in, even yellow, haha!! :D

      Delete