Friday, October 31, 2014

Bootie Babe ~ Teenie Bikini



Bootie Babe ~ Teenie Bikini
Sky blue with holo microglitter

It’s ages since I last showed you a Bootie Babe polish! It’s because I haven’t got that many of them – and I only bought this recently.

The formula is good but the polish is rather on the sheer side. It builds up in three coats though – and having said that, if you have long nails you might need four. Drying time between the coats is really good.

Here’s what three coats and no topcoat looks like with a flash:


That’s a blue that’s easy on the eyes!


I slapped on a glitter from Claire’s called Fireworks. It’s a clear base with white, blue and black glitters in various sizes and shapes. The glitter spreads easily and effortlessly and dries fairly quickly. Here’s one layer of glitter over the Teenie Bikini. The picture is taken outside on an overcast day.


It’s really funny! This mani reminds me of the wall painting on the stairways in the house I live in! You don’t believe me? Well, take a look yourself:


I feel completely camouflaged, LOL! Here’s a shot taken with flash:



Bootie Babe polishes are manufactured by Nubar; they are 3 Free, cruelty free and not tested on animals.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Holo microglitter in tinted base
Overall impression: The colour is easy on the eyes, the holo effect doesn’t impress me, and neither do the three coats. I do like the fast drying time though. 
Buy again: No

12 comments:

  1. I still need to try Bootie Babe :D The bottles look so cool! Love the combo with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha :D What a funny bottle :D I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, what a bottle :D Great mani, all fits well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm grinning - yes, the bottle is really something :D And thank you!

      Delete
  4. Nice holo and blue shade :-) Looks good with the glitter too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - glitters on holos is actually alright! :)

      Delete
  5. I like this combo, and it really does match those walls LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With nails like these I can camouflage myself in the hallway, LOL!!

      Delete
  6. Ha ha I love that your mani matches the walls. Although teenir bikini doesn't have the strongest holo it looks really good with fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and I must admit that I really had a laugh out of matching the walls! :D

      Delete