Saturday, July 19, 2014

Gloss ‘N Sparkle ~ Dulcet



Gloss ‘N Sparkle ~ Dulcet
Pink crème with fuchsia, pastel pink and blue glitters

The formula is good and the glitter is easy to work with. I didn’t dab the glitter around, it just placed itself as I applied the polish. Coverage is good for an almost pastel, two coats is what I used for my swatches. The polish doesn’t dry up completely flat because of the glitters, so use a good topcoat to even everything out. Drying time between the coats was average, but bear in mind that it’s pretty humid here at the moment, so I expect it to dry a bit faster when the air gets a little less moist

Anyway, let’s look at the pretty one!
Two coats and a layer of topcoat:


The pictures are all taken in the lovely sunshine.


I like the way the glitters compliment the base colour, it works for me.


I won’t lie to you: I like the way this looks!



Verdict:
The quality of the polish is really good and the glitter is gratifyingly easy to work with. It can sometimes be a bit of a hassle to get the glitters placed nicely on the nails, as you know - but not with this one. I also like the way the glitters compliment the base colour.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Crème with glitter
Overall impression: Good quality, nice workable glitter!   
Buy again: No

9 comments:

  1. This colour is okay. I can't say it really appeals to me that much :-|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright, I think it's nice that we all like different shades and finishes. It makes it all more fun :)

      Delete
  2. Love the color combination! :) glad to hear you only needed two coats and the glitter spread nicely... I tend to have issues with these creme + glitter polishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly why I mentioned it, because sometimes the glitters just aren't workable in creme/glitter polishes. But this one works :)

      Delete
  3. It's so girly! Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete