Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Gabriella Salvete ~ 116



Gabriella Salvete ~ 116
Purple shimmer (topper)

This post is about a polish I bought in Slovakia, but it’s a topper, so I have to show you the underwear first.

Golden Rose matte #07 is a deep dark burgundy. If I was going to wear it alone I would have applied two coats, but since this is only underwear, I just applied the one coat. Drying time is good.

One coat:

 
Then I applied a layer of Gabriella Salvete #116. It changes the burgundy to a deep shimmery purple. Here’s that step:


Isn’t that a lovely purple? I should think so!


I just painted a pink X over it. I used a striper from Essence called “Pink !”

Here’s my final mani:



Number of coats: 1
Drying time: Average
Durability: N/A
Finish: Shimmer topper
Overall impression: I’m not crazy about layering polishes per se, but this purple is a great colour
Buy again: On balance, I don’t think so

12 comments:

  1. This topper has a nice shade and looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how vampy Golden Rose matte #07 is - in fact I like it better as is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such an interesting topper! I haven't seen any that change the base color that much... I like the result :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite amazed myself. I think I have one more (from another brand) that changes the underneath colour just as much :)

      Delete
  4. I like both the basecolor and the topper very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the GR polish, it is very nice and the topper is very pretty too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm always glad to hear that others also like it :)

      Delete
  6. Oh I love those GR! Looks great with topper too ;)

    ReplyDelete