Monday, July 7, 2014

Darling Diva ~ Space Beetle



Darling Diva ~ Space Beetle
Duochromatic, holographic glittery colourshifting polish

I simply don’t know how to describe this polish colour wise. Carrie herself describes it like this:

This is that awesomey beetle wing like polish that I worked with to turn into a fantastic linear holo!

I have often seen girls debate which colour this should be layered over. I didn’t have that problem, it was obvious to me that it needed to be layered over Isadora’s dark green shimmer “Beetle Green”. I’ll show you what that looks like at the end of the post.

Anyway, I applied two layers of Space Beetle over the dark green. Application was easy and drying time was good. And I had sunshine!

Take a look at this amazing holo:


Can you see as many colours as I can?



Here’s a lightbox pic. This shows a lot of colours, also the pink this polish contains.


What did I do with it? I figured that a polish called Space Beetle needed a bit of space to actually work. I wanted to make a night sky! I applied a layer of Alix Avien #110, which is a silver/holo glitter in various sizes. It’s perfect for a mani like this. Take a look for yourself if you don’t believe me.


Pretty cool, yes?



Here’s the polish I layered it all over: Isadora’s Beetle Green. This is one coat:


What would you have layered Space Beetle over?


Number of coats: 2 over a base colour
Drying time: Good
Finish: Duochromatic glittery holo
Overall impression: What a fantastic chameleon this polish is!  
Buy again: Yes

22 comments:

  1. On Essie's Stylenomics?
    Interesting nail polish and what a nice topper! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie? No, I didn't use any Essie for this :)

      Delete
  2. I totally love this layering, it's so gorgeous. Space Beetle is a very interesting polish, I think green is a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was so pleased with the green underwear for it, and that the name fit perfectly too :)

      Delete
  3. Wow it certainly has pretty rainbows! Love the holo effect! I like it layered over the Isadora - nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never topped that gorgeous holo, but I like the result you obtained, it glows. Lovely combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like combining polishes like that. I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  5. That IsaDora green is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Space Beetle is so pretty! I really want to wear mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Space Beetle! I skipped the layering part though and worn it on it's own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many layers did it take to make it opaque? :)

      Delete
    2. I really can't remember but I would guess three or four :D

      Delete
    3. Haha, that would have been my guess too :D

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous polish! It looks really great and I love the combo with the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I am glad I came up with that idea :)

      Delete
  9. Stunning layering! <3

    ReplyDelete