Friday, June 27, 2014

Darling Diva x 2 + Golden Rose



Darling Diva x 2 + Golden Rose
A tricolore mani

Today it’s time for a three-coloured mani! I went for blue, magenta and silver.

I started out with Darling Diva’s Royale, which is a medium blue linear holo. The formula is pretty normal and it takes two coats to achieve opacity. The drying time between the coats is good, no worries about that.

It’s a lovely blue – here’s what two coats and no topcoat looks like in the sunshine:


And here’s a picture taken with flash:


Then I added a wide stripe of Darling Diva’s Rose Diamond down the middle of each nail. I didn’t use tape, I just freehanded it – I didn’t necessarily need it to be perfect. It went pretty well though, and Rose Diamond is a one coater! So here’s a coat of Rose Diamond over the blue; the picture is taken in the sunshine:


Here’s a flash pic of the same thing:


Then I added a stripe of silver glitter down the middle. I used Golden Rose #122 from the Jolly Jewels collection.



I was surprised to find out that the smallest glitters are actually golden, but I still like the polish!



Verdict:
This mani turned out exactly the way I wanted it to. I love the colour scheme and I love that my hands are getting steadier and steadier when I do nail art. Progression is so nice!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Golden Rose, I have 2 bottles of Jolly Jewels but not this one - it's pretty. The holo is OK too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are many gems in the Jolly Jewels collection - they're really good for nail art :)

      Delete
  2. Such a cute manicure with beautiful polishes, all three of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, I'm glad to hear you like it :)

      Delete
  3. These three polishes go very well together, love the final effect!
    Have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really hope you enjoy your Sunday :)

      Delete
  4. It's a beautiful mix of colors, It looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Darling Diva can something with blues for sure :)

      Delete
  6. Oh wow this is a stunning mix of colours! I really like it! They work so well together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These polishes look so beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete