Monday, June 9, 2014

Darling Diva ~ Pink Diamond & Bella Donna



Darling Diva ~ Pink Diamond & Bella Donna
Baby pink holo & lilac holo

I felt like wearing two of my latest Darling Divas today.

I started out with Pink Diamond. It’s not a colour I’d usually look twice at, but I love the other polishes from the Diamond collection, and I thought that it would be at least a great base colour for some nail art.

The formula is good, and ladies, it’s a one coater!! Drying time is fast too, almost so fast that I couldn’t keep up, haha!

Here’s what it looks like under flashlight. One coat and no topcoat:


It’s way too pale to be my colour, but seriously: I dig this!


Then I got the nailvinyls I bought recently, taped my nails and painted one coat of Bella Donna from the White Witch collection. I wish I had chosen another purple or another polish from the Diamond collection, because Bella Donna is not a one coater. Anyway, I removed the nailvinyls after having applied the polish, and then I applied a layer of topcoat. Here’s the final mani:


And I caught a glimpse of the evening sun and managed to get a decent shot of my mani:


These two polishes is a great couple, but if I ever decide to pair them up again, I’ll be using Bella Donna as my base colour because she’s a two coater. Nothing wrong with that, now I just know :)

NB. You probably won't believe this, but Pink Diamond is a stainer! I removed this after a day, and my nails were all dark pink underneath. Amazing!!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Holo goodness. Bella Donna is way more linear than Pink Diamond
Overall impression: Darling Diva definitely have a thing with purples. She can really rock them.
Buy again: No

12 comments:

  1. Bad news about the staining. This nail polish doesn't look as if it was a stainer but it is :O The colour is OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised that it stained, but I don't really mind so much. I've got polish on all the time anyway :)

      Delete
  2. LOL, when I saw that this is a very atypical color for you - but it does look good on you, just FYI!
    I like what you did with the addition of Bella Donna!
    Wow, did Pink Diamond really stain - I'm amazed, sometimes the most unexpected ones do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I bought this because I think it might be good for stamping :) I just thought I'd try it first :D
      Not many polishes stain my nails, so this one was a true surprise :)

      Delete
  3. I love both colors and they go really well :)
    Too bad about the staining though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm happy to hear it. I don't mind the staining so much :)

      Delete
  4. A pretty combo! Surprise on the staining, you just don't think of light pink as staining...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have believed it if I had read it somewhere, but there it was: Pink on my nails :D

      Delete
  5. What a great colour and combo - looks brilliant in the sun! :-)

    I'd never have guessed, by looking at it, that it would stain! :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I was so pleased with this :) <3

      Delete