Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Perfect Holographic ~ #6 & #7



Perfect Holographic ~ #6 & #7
Nude Linear holo & Purple linear holo

I’m trying to work my way through some of the polishes in the infamous box of untrieds, and today it’s time to show off some Perfect holos that I bought in Bulgaria.

I’ll start with #6 which is a nude strong holo. I looked at it and it took me a while to figure out why I had bought a nude polish, when I am not the kind of girl who actually wears nude polishes. I don’t like them. It took me a while to figure it out, and then it struck me. I didn’t order #6, I ordered #5, which is pink: They sent me the wrong one! Oh well, shit hap…

I had forgotten that these holos love aqua basecoat as underwear. I don’t know why I don’t read my own blog, because then I would have known! :D So I experienced quite a lot of dragging and bald spots, and it did take three coats to make it look good. Two would have been enough with the aqua basecoat as underwear, I promise! Drying time was fast. I have to mention the sinking of the holo pigment too. It sinks and it sinks pretty damn fast, and then it does take a lot of shaking to mix it in again. And I’m not talking about 30 secs of waving it around – it takes 5-10 minutes of vigorous hard core shaking to mix it! <phew> But - when that work is done, the polish is ready to rock and is really easy to work with.

Here’s what it looks like; three coats, no topcoat:


The holo flame is just amazing!


Here’s what it looks like in low lights:


I must admit that I like it, and if I had been wearing nudes from time to time, I would definitely have kept it. It has however already found a new home where it will be appreciated more.


I’m also going to show you #7, a lovely purple strong holo.

Again: I had a whole lot of shaking going on first to mix the pigment with the polish. I used aqua basecoat this time, and had no problems with application at all. Two coats is what it took, and the drying time was really good.

And girls! Wowza!! is all I have to say about this polish. Two coats, no topcoat, picture taken with flash:


Another show off picture:


And here’s a low light picture. There are still rainbows, yay!


This holographic polish from Perfect isn’t going nowhere else, that’s for sure. It’s lovely!

Have you tried any of Perfect’s polishes at all, or is that so last year for you?

6 comments:

  1. I have #7! Good to know I should use aqua base. I noticed the sinking/separating as well, and definitely agree it takes a lot of shaking to remix. Haven't worn this yet, but soon....need some awesome sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking for the sun every day, but it doesn't show itself much at the moment :/

      Delete
  2. LOL it was fun to read, but at least you get strong shoulders from shaking them, so I might have to try....
    And seriously that #7 is divine... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually made my boyfriend help me shake the bottle too :D

      Delete
  3. I've tried a few of the Perfect Holos and I think they are brilliant! It's a nightmare to shake them if they have been lying around - I know that feeling!

    They look amazing in the sun - I really like how they are. I've tried the first few and will get around to trying the others when we get some sunshine over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weird thing is that the pigment sinks instantly. Leave it alone overnight, and you'll have a whole lot of shaking to do the next day again :D

      Delete