Sunday, April 27, 2014

NailNation 3000 ~ Phab Phalanges BB



NailNation 3000 ~ Phab Phalanges BB
Pink toned burgundy linear holo

It’s time for another NailNation polish! I received four of them last time I ordered from Norway Nails, and today I’ll show you two of the four.

Phab Phalanges is actually a bit hard to describe, colourwise. It’s burgundy, yes, but sometimes it looks dark red, sometimes berry and sometimes plum.

The formula is good and the polish applies easily. I used two coats to make it fully opaque, but this polish is so pigmented that I’m going to try stamping with it as well. Drying time between the coats is fast.

And I had sunshine again, yay!

Phab Phalanges BB shows itself from it’s rose coloured side on this picture taken in the sun:


And here it looks darker. It’s also taken in the sun.


When I moved away from the sun and into lower lights, the burgundy side showed up. Please note that there are still visible rainbows!


This picture is taken with flash:


I made some simple lines and dots on it. First I made stripes on two fingers and dots on three. I used another NailNation 3000 for that purpose, namely Holo Dreams, which is a strong holographic silver. When that was dry, which means pretty much after I had done the other hand, I made black lines over the silver lines, and made random black dots amongst the silver dots.

Here’s a picture taken in natural light – the sun had just hidden behind a cloud:


The sun came out again for this pic:


And here’s your low light picture:


Verdict:
I wasn’t quite sure that this is what I wanted, but the mani honestly grew on me. I didn’t intend to use black when I started, but the black gave the mani the edge that I wanted, so I don’t regret that choice at all.
What say you? Do you like stripes and dots in the same mani, or is it too much?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Removal: No problem at all
Overall impression: I love the holos in the sunshine. The colour may be a bit too dusty for me to love it out of the sunshine.
Buy again: No, I don’t think so

I bought both Phab Phalanges BB and Holo Dreams from norwaynails.com.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase. 

4 comments:

  1. Holo mani - how not to like it? Like from me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting how it changes in different light settings - love the nail art too!

    ReplyDelete