Thursday, April 3, 2014

Indigo Bananas ~ Cake or Death



Indigo Bananas ~ Cake or Death
Deep magenta linear holo with black flakies and magenta shimmer

In all honesty: I mostly bought this polish because of the name. Cake or Death. That’s exactly how I feel sometimes, haha!! :D

So – let’s see how this baby looks on! Application was easy (three words I love to be able to write together like that!) - and it’s a two coater. Drying time between coats is average, no problems to report in that department. I took a couple of shots with flash first, to make the holo pop.

Here’s two coats, no topcoat, flash picture:


I like that! I like that a lot! Here’s another flash pic:


You can see the black flakies even when I take the pictures with flash – but they show themselves even more in lower lights:


It’s a little dusty, which is why I probably wouldn’t have bought this polish if it hadn’t got such a cool name.

So, what I did was to paint silver stripes on it with a striper from Claire’s and then stamp little cupcakes on it. I found the cute cupcakes on a stamping plate from Cheeky called CH16. I used a no name dark purple polish called Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees – and no, it’s not from OPI, it’s a cheap China copy from evilBay. A layer of Ellagee’s topcoat “Glass” finished off the mani.

Here’s the flash pic:


And here’s a couple of low light pictures for you:


Last one:


I like this in low lights with the stripes and the stamp! So I am glad I bought the polish after all!

So – have you ever bought a polish because of the name? If yes, which was it?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Linear holo with flakes and shimmer. Cool mix!
Overall impression: It’s the first time I’ve seen black flakies in a polish, and I’d love to see more of that. The holo effect in this is really good – also out of the sunshine.
Buy again: No


I bought Cake or Death from Edgy Polish
You can find more info on Edgy Polish’s Facebook page, link here.

6 comments:

  1. What a gruesome name for a lill' polish :D
    I'm glad you sweetened it up a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMMHUzm22oE

    Eddie Izzard is the best!

    And yes, I've bought polishes just for their names... I actually really loved Zoya Blaze, but when I saw they also made an Astra and a Parker (neither of which I liked that much), I had to own them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's nice to meet someone alike!! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. I like this mani! I don't remember if I ever bought the polish only because of its name, but it sure could happen ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you'd do that too :D Please tell me when it happens <3

      Delete