Thursday, February 20, 2014

WellNails ~ Oh, Honey…!


WellNails ~ Oh, Honey…!
Red jelly base with black and red glitters and hexes

Oh, Honey…! is another polish that has been sitting in my box of untrieds for way too long. I bought it way back when, because I have a soft spot for red/black polishes.

Application was easy and the glitter spreads out without much of a hassle. You may be able to get away with two coats, but I wasn’t satisfied before a third coat had been applied. Drying time between coats is average.

I applied a layer of fast drying topcoat and then my mani was done.

Here’s three coats and one layer of topcoat:


I love the mix of red and black and that the glitters come in various sizes. The polish looks really squishy!

 
It reminds me of ladybirds, red with black dots.


That’s my simple but pretty mani for now. I didn’t add any nail art to it, because there’s so much going on in the polish on its own. I like the red – it’s squishy and great looking. 

“Oh, Honey…!” is inspired by the TV series How I met your Mother. Here’s what the creator of WellNails say about Oh, Honey…!: 

- When I first started off in the wonderful world of polish, Katy Perry was a big inspiration to me. One of the first polishes I ever bought off eBay was, in fact, Teenage Dream. Katy always have so inspirational manicures, so when she appeared on the show, I just knew I had to make a polish in her honour.
The colours are inspired by the red top with black dots she wears in the episode called 'Oh, Honey...' where she plays this very naïve girl that makes everyone go 'Oh, Honey..!' everytime she says stuff like: "My building is so secure. My landlord even installed a security camera in my shower."

The description of the episode is WellNails’ own text from the website (which is temporarily closed at the moment), where you can buy this glitter for DKK 80. And yes, they do ship internationally!


Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: No

10 comments:

  1. Is as cute as a little ladybug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed squishy and pretty looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is just FUN, I love it, I've never heard of this brand...this polish looks really interesting and fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's time that you hear about this Danish brand then :) They've made many pretty polishes!

      Delete
  4. A very cute polish indeed. It reminds me of a ladybug :P

    ReplyDelete