Friday, February 7, 2014

Pretty Serious ~ Viscous Vampire



Pretty Serious ~ Viscous Vampire
Bright red jelly with red and pink glitterbits

Red glittery polishes – that’s my kryptonite. I absolutely love them. When I saw Viscous Vampire in Pretty Serious’ Monster Mash collection from Halloween last year, I just knew I had to add it to my collection. It’s such a pretty red, and I love that it’s got pink glitters in it too!

The formula is great, like it always is with Pretty Serious. The coverage is good too, even for a jelly. It was opaque after two easy coats, but I applied a third coat to make sure that the polish looked just as good on pictures as it does in real life. Drying time between coats is good too. I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat before I took the pics.

And here it is, three coats and one layer of Poshé topcoat:


Look at all the pretty glitterbits – they’re almost like little flakies. I really like the look of them!


I was going out to an event, so I grabbed a stamping plate from Moyou London, and picked a flowery design from the plate Christmas Collection-03. I stamped with Kiko 616 Silver from their mirror collection.

Here’s the stamping plate:


Here’s my final mani:


I considered adding extra glitter to the tips, but left it just like this.


I think this design is really cool, also because it lets the polish underneath it shine too.


That’s my flowery mani. I’m well impressed with Pretty Serious’s polishes, and if you are here regularly, then you know that I’m a big fan of this great Australian brand. Pretty Serious polishes rock!


Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

You can buy Pretty Serious polishes on norwaynails.com.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

9 comments:

  1. I am happy to own this one, it's so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the name of the polish and it looks fabulous on your nails. Very pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty reminds me of ruby pumps by china glaze :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's similar but not quite the same. The difference is mainly in the glitter in Ruby Pumps versus the flakes in Viscous Vampire :)

      Delete
  4. oh this is really beautiful! :) i love the stamping and the color you chose for the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really nice to hear, thank you so much :)

      Delete