Sunday, February 9, 2014

Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy



Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy
Lavender crelly with a mix of pink, teal, orange, lavender, plum, and yellow glitters in a variety of shapes, finishes and sizes.

Today I’m going to finish my little trilogy of Polish Addict polishes.

I saved the best til last! I’m such a sucker for purples, so when I saw Sugar Plum Fairy I knew she was going to be the one to finish the series.

This is a crelly like its two sisters, and she is easy to work with and covers well. Two coats is what it takes to make this little beauty opaque. Drying time is pretty good too. Sugar Plum Fairy has also got a lot of small glitters in various colours and shapes, and I must say that I love the way that looks on my nails. No chunkyness or dominant glitters here, no, just cute, small glitters in all the colours of the rainbow. And you should know by now that I love rainbows!

Anyway, enough talking already, I guess you want to see what I’m on about.

Here’s two coats and a layer of Poshé topcoat:

Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy
Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy

The purple is such a sweet shade, perfect for the upcoming spring.

Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy
Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy

I’m actually somewhat amazed at how much glitter she managed to stuff into the bottle, and then still have it look like a “real polish” and not “just a glitter”. I like that.
Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy
Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy


And one last shot on its own.

Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy
Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy

I decided to make some stripes on it. I used a black striper from Claire’s and a pink one from NYX Ink called Hot Pink. I made two stripes of each colour on each nail, and topped it with another layer of Poshé topcoat, and here’s my final mani:

Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy

Doesn’t that just look fantastic?

Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy
Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy

The pretties:




Polish Addict ~ Sugar Plum Fairy

In all modesty: I love this because it looks cool!!  

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty fast
Finish: Well covering crelly
Overall impression: Great mix of glitters in a cool purple coloured base
Buy again: Yes

8 comments: