Saturday, September 28, 2013

L. A. Girls 3D Effect ~ Dazzling Pink


L. A. Girls 3D Effect ~ Dazzling Pink
Pink jelly base with holographic glitter

I’m quite fond of the L. A. Girls polishes I have, so I was pleased to receive a couple of the relatively new 3D effect hologlitters in a swap. I knew the collection weren’t holographics as such, but the swatches I saw made them interesting enough to end up on my wishlist.

Let me show you Dazzling Pink first.

The formula is really good, and the coverage too. I used two easy coats for my mani. Drying time is pretty average, which is OK. Acceptable. And the glitter is cool, very cool!! I couldn’t get the pics colour accurate no matter wtf I tried, so you have to imagine the polish being a little bit more pink than my pictures show :D

Two coats, no topcoat:


The sun made the hologlitter sparkle like crazy and gave it a glow from within that I really like:


Look from this angle, it’s really cool:

  
And this blurry pic can give you an idea of what dimension this polish has.



I did a bit of simple nail art on it. I dotted some flowers, using A England Tristam, which is a lovely blurple scattered holographic, and the white dots are simply made with OPI Alpine Snow, a regular white crème polish. One layer of topcoat sealed my final mani:


A close up. The pink and the blurple work fine together in my opinion.



And one last shot to show you that Dazzling Pink is still glowing:


I’ve always liked L. A. Girls polishes and this newest addition to their line of polishes is a really nice brush up. I’m already looking forward to trying the other one on too – it’s a dark blue called “Brilliant Blue”. Stay tuned for that!


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

11 comments:

  1. Even if I still haven't bought any of the textured polishes - I like to look at them, and this is quite pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One color I don't have and it is gorgeous!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Perhaps you can get someone to get it to you in an upcoming swap :)

      Delete
  3. It look textured to me too, but since it's just glitter polish, I can only say that is is pretty polish! Very "your" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. try 1 coat over red, it makes an outstanding red holo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it with flowers!

    ReplyDelete