Saturday, July 20, 2013

Femme Fatale ~ Twilight Meteorite


Femme Fatale ~ Twilight Meteorite  

Rich pink base with blue to pink duochrome flecks



Today I’m going to show you a dangerously pretty polish. It’s a rich pink, almost purple base, packed with duochromatic flecks. Femme Fatale themselves suggest that it can be worn alone, or alternatively over a darker base. I was not in the mood for a darker polish than the bottle showed, so I wore this on its own.



The formula is just great – the polish glides right on smoothly and with ease. It took three thin coats to make this opaque on its own, which convinces me that this is more than just another layering polish. 

Take a look - here's a picture that shows three coats:


The duochromatic glass flecks make this polish look amazing! I don't think I own a polish that shines as much as this one does!



Here's a better look at the flecks:



In certain angles and lights this almost looks just pink.



And here's a bonus picture for you: I layered it over black, just to see what difference that would make. And wow! This is where the duochromatic effect really shows off:



If you look at the last three pictures it's like I have got three different polishes out of just one bottle. 


I can't find anything negative to say about this polish. It's pretty, the formula is good, and drying time is too. Here's another winner from Femme Fatale! 





Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

6 comments:

  1. It's such a "you" color LOL - I like it the best over black!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed :D I think I prefer it on its own. But perhaps I'll wear it over black when the winter shows up :)

      Delete
  2. Uhh split personality polish... I love these kind of polishes :)
    Maybe a little to dark to my taste, but i looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you also think it's too dark on its own? It's a magic polish for sure :)

      Delete
  3. It looks stunning over black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I tried that too. It looks cooler than I thought it would :)

      Delete