Friday, June 21, 2013

Glitter Gal ~ Teal Blue


Glitter Gal ~ Teal Blue
Blue strong linear holographic

If this isn’t your first visit here, then you probably know by now that I have a crush on holos. I’ve loved them since I laid eyes on them, and I wear them as often as the sun shines.

I’ve been meaning to try Glitter Gal’s holos for a while, and I ended up buying three of them: Crushed Ego, Lizard Belly and Teal Blue. Today I’ll show you the Teal Blue.

I used my regular base coat, and had absolutely no problems with application: No dragging or bald spots, so there’s no need to use an aqua base coat for this holo. It took two easy, fast drying coats to achieve desired opacity. When I looked at my nails first I was a bit disappointed. I mean, was this it? All that fuss for this?

But then the sun hit it, and man, can this baby shine! Two coats, no top coat:


The holo is very strong, even in low light, and the blue is absolutely gorgeous in the sunshine. Here’s another shot:


Rainbows – I just love them!


The reason I wasn’t convinced to begin with was the look of it, out of the sun. The blue is dustier than the bottle suggests, and I’m not a huge fan of dusty colours. But the colour grew on me, and after a couple of hours I actually liked it! So yes, you’re looking at a keeper!

I made a dotticure out of it. I made a line of dots diagonally across my nails with Misslyn’s #229, Party on, which is a lovely magenta shimmer, and another line of dots underneath it with Manhattan & Buffalo #05, which is a light blue/silver metallic. I sealed it all up with a layer of Depend’s topcoat, and here’s the final mani:


And a final shot:


I admit that I’m not 100% satisfied with this. I like the colour scheme, but I’d like to be a bit more creative with the dots, if that makes sense.

If you’ve got good ideas to how I make my dotties more interesting, please feel free to share it in the comments below. Thanks! ♥


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. I love the way it looks! Dots looks like a chain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it does indeed look like a chain! That's nice :)

      Delete
  2. Hehe, I love how you rated prettiness :-) Looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only get 9 or 10 for prettiness if they take my breath away :D Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Teal + holo - what more can you Shiny possibly wish for (maybe a bit of glitter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I could have dabbed some glitter on the tips, I didn't think of that, LOL!

      Delete
  4. Another great holo! And I love the dotticure you added on top! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I need to work on some more creative dotticures :)

      Delete