Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dance Legend ~ #40

Dance Legend ~ #40
Red with fine holographic microglitter

I really like Dance Legend polishes, so I’m happy every time sweet Anastasia from Little World of Coloured Nails sends me some of them. This is really special – it’s not a holographic red as such – it is more like a red with holographic dust in it. I was eager to find out if the glittery effect would transfer onto the nails.

The formula is good, and the polish is really easy to apply. It smells a little bit odd, but it dries quick and it covers in two easy coats, so who gives a damn about the smell :D

Here are the pictures! They’re all taken in the sun today. Two coats, no topcoat:




Here’s a pic that shows the holographic “dust” more:




The polish looks as if it glows – I really like that!




 I was a little bit stunned over how pretty I think this polish is, so I sat for a while, trying to decide what to do with it. I haven’t been super inspired lately – so I need to figure out how to get my muse back!

I ended up with stripes. I used an ordinary striper from Claire’s and made three vertical stripes on each nail. I sealed it up with a layer of topcoat from Miss Sporty, and here’s the result, still in the sun: 



And a final picture for ya:



It’s simple, and maybe a bit too simple for what I was in the mood for today, but it’ll have to do until tomorrow. What do you think, girls? Is this looking alright? And are you the lucky owners of any Dance Legend polishes?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. I love a good holo red! Not one that leans pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This red is really nice, imo, and special because it isn't a "real" holo :)

      Delete
  2. It's a very pretty polish - glowing that's for sure - but odd smells - arrrgh ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other Dance Legends I've tried doesn't smell like this one, so that's a bit disturbing :D

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous red! Love the holo shimmers in there! Hmm bummer about the smell, but I'm glad it didn't diminish your love of the polish. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holo shimmers are amazing, I really like the look of them :)

      Delete
  4. It looks so beautiful with stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's amazing how big a difference a couple of stripes make.

      Delete