Thursday, May 2, 2013

Zoya ~ Charla - with reversed glitter gradient


Zoya ~ Charla
Tropical blue sparkling metallic

Charla is from the Sparkle collection from summer 2010.

The colour description in the header is how Zoya themselves describe Charla. I actually think it’s a mix of blue and green, but this polish addiction has made me thinking that I might be slightly colour blind :D

Anyway! Charla is a lovely polish. The formula is fantastic, drying time is really good, and I applied two coats to make it (almost) opaque. I write “almost” because there were places here and there that could have used an extra layer. But I’m sure I’m the only one who noticed, so never mind that. Two coats, no top coat:




The polish is packed with teal flecks, which gives it a surface that I’m totally in love with:



I gazed at all this beauty almost the entire evening before deciding what to do with it. I didn’t want to overwhelm the polish; I wanted the extra to enhance the beauty of it.

I ended up choosing an old polish I bought in Hungary last year, but that I never got around to try. It’s from Lovely Color Mania. I can’t find a name on the bottle, but it has got number 20 on it. It’s a clear base anyway, with various sizes of silver and holo glitter. I picked this because the glitter isn’t dense at all. I sponged the glitter on the base of the nails in a reverse glitter gradient.



A layer of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine top coat sealed this mani:



Look how pretty they are in their bottles:





This is my favourite Zoya polish ever! I love the colour, the flecks and the shine. And the glitter made it just a little bit more pretty, which is exactly what I aimed for. Win!

Please tell me that you like it too! :D


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes! I may even need a backup bottle!

14 comments:

  1. Love Charla! It's one of my first Zoyas. And I really like the glitter gradient you added. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me this is pure beauty in a bottle. And thank you, I like that the gradient wasn't too dominant :)

      Delete
  2. OMG... I J-U-S-T painted my nails with Charla literally 2 minutes ago. Great minds think alike! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that's a pretty glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitter is so you! No doubt about that :)

      Delete
  4. It's gorgeous! Charla reminds me a bit of Orly Halleys Comet and Essence Choose Me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I should make another comparison post in future :)

      Delete
  5. Charla is my absolute favorite polish! I love the color so much.

    ReplyDelete