Saturday, May 25, 2013

Coolcos ~ 06 and 07



Coolcos ~ 06 and 07  
Pink metallic shimmer and deep purple shimmer

Coolcos is a new Danish brand that hit the shelves here recently. I had said to myself that I wouldn’t be buying any of their polishes, because the first time I looked, I saw nothing but crèmes, and as you know, dear girls, crèmes aren’t my favourite polishes. Besides – I have so many polishes in my stash of untrieds, so, yeah - well, I thought I’d give the new brand a little time to settle in first.

But then I went into the shop with my boyfriend and he immediately spotted a pink nail polish, that he wanted to buy me. Then he found two more - #07 which is a deep shimmery purple, and #05 which is a shimmery neon pink.

Today I’ll try two of them. I started out with the metallic pink and was very surprised to learn that it’s a one coater! I applied an extra coat to one of my nails to see if it made a difference, but it didn’t. It applies easily and drying time is pretty average. There’s one thing about this polish though: It smells. It smells just as bad as Kleancolor’s polishes. But at least it doesn’t dry as slow, haha!!

This is one coat:


It is a little bit brushstroky, but I don’t mind that at all. It’s pretty and shiny. I like it!

 
Then I decided to make a bit of nail art on it, and that’s where it all went wrong. I made a line of dots down each nail with Coolcos #07.

Then I made a glitter gradient with Finger Paints’ “Purple Palette”. I applied a coat of Poshé topcoat to make this shine some more:


You know I’ve made heaps of glitter gradients, and I am using the exact same brand of sponges as I’ve done before. But the sponge didn’t work very well with Coolcos’ polishes. If you take a closer look at my pictures, you can see that the sponge got “dissolved” by the polish, leaving lumps of sponge on my nail :/


Here’s a close up of the sponge.


And the polishes I used:



I’m sorry to report that I removed this mani after having taken these pics. I don’t usually do that, I like wearing my manis. But the bits of sponge ruined this too much for me.

Have you ever tried that a sponge dissolved on your nails like that?

Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: -/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I must admit that it freaked me out a little bit!

      Delete
  2. I had the same experience with the sponge once (I don't remember what nail polishes I have used back then). Anyway I like this mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, at least I'm not the only one, then :) I'm somewhat relieved! And thank you :)

      Delete
  3. That's pretty scary if a polish dissolves the sponge. But the finished result is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not satisfied at all, the sponge made it look like a mess. I liked the idea though, and will maybe try again with other polishes :)

      Delete
  4. It's a really cute mani, but yes I can see why you removed it. The sponge pieces on nails would have driven me crazy.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just knew I couldn't wear bits of sponge on my nails, so sadly it had to go. :)

      Delete