Friday, April 19, 2013

Dare to Wear ~ Night at the Cinema



Dare to Wear ~ Night at the Cinema
Blackened base packed with purple glitter

I’ve had a soft spot for Dare to Wear-polishes since I bought my first one, and recently I was so lucky to get my hands on a new bunch of them. It took me a while to decided which one to try on first, but eventually I chose “Night at the Cinema”, which is from their Vintage Hollywood collection.

The polish has a blackened base, and is really easy to apply. The pigmentation is good – I got full opacity after the first coat. I did another one to make sure I gave this polish the best conditions, but it wasn’t really necessary. Drying time is good too. I sealed it up with a layer of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine topcoat, and here’s how that looked:


It came out a little bit darker than I expected it to, but I still like it. 

I chose stamping for today’s nail art. I stamped with Essie’s “Nothing else Metals” and used stamping plate BM-311 from Bundlemonster. I applied a layer of Poshé top coat, and my mani was done:


I have become really fond of that Essie as a stamping polish, it works better than a plain silver polish on so many levels. A total win – I’m glad I bought that!


Here’s a close up of the bottle. You might understand why I thought the mani would come out less dark now :)


Dare to Wear’s polishes seem to work really nice with my chemistry. I’ve never had a Dare to Wear chipping on me, and they wear really well. And when they come out with pretty polishes like this one, well, then you can count me in! :D


What do you think? Do you like polishes with blackened bases?


Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

10 comments: