Friday, March 15, 2013

Revlon, Icing and Orly – Half moons



Revlon, Icing and Orly – Half moons

Today it’s time for another half moon mani. It didn’t quite turn out the way I wanted, but that was my own fault.

I started out with one coat of Revlon Matte “Ruby Ribbon”. It’s a polish I bought in a blog sale, and it’s probably the thickest polish I’ve ever worked with. It applied nicely though, and covered really well. Drying time was pretty average and it dries up matte, of course.

Here’s a pic of one coat, no top coat:


 Then I used another untried, namely an Icing polish, which I thought would be a one coater as well. It turned out that it wasn’t. I didn’t give up though, I dotted it onto my nails, both big and small dots in between one another.

I don’t have a pic of this step.

Then I dotted the Revlon onto the Icing dots, creating half moons on my nails. I left the small dots of Icing alone.

And since I wasn’t really satisfied with what I had created, I covered the whole thing up with one coat of Orly’s hologlitter “Shine on Crazy Diamond”. And here’s what it all ended up looking like:


I like it much more on the pictures than I did in real life, and the only polish that didn’t end up in the box of shame is the Orly, that can pretty much save almost every fail-ish mani.


Here are the pretties lined up for having their pic taken:


I’m not satisfied with this; none of the polishes worked the way I wanted them to. Please don’t hesitate to tell me what you think of this in the comments below!

12 comments:

  1. I didn't even know Revlon had matte polishes O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have more than this one - I've got a dark green matte too :D

      Delete
  2. The idea is good, but the half moons would have worked better, if you chose a more contrasting and/or better pigmented color - but that's just my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the same thoughts, that's why the Icing polish doesn't live here any more :D

      Delete
  3. i like the concept of the half moon, i think is a wonderful idea. Ruby Ribbon is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll do more half moons soon - just with better colours!

      Delete
  4. I do love that base color-very sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those Orly glitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic glitter. A must have for glitter lovers! :D

      Delete