Friday, March 8, 2013

Hand cushion review


Hi girls,

 Today I'm going to show you a hand cushion:



The cushion was not at all what I expected it to be. I expected it to be a firm “pillow” to rest my hand on when I do my nails. The cushion is really firm, and it’s got a hard bottom. I think there’s a piece of wood inside. The cover also surprised me. It’s made of plastic, which I guess is a good point, since it’s impossible to put this piece of equipment in the washing machine. I don’t like the feel of it though...I would have preferred fabric, I think. The cover can’t be removed either; it’s stapled on.


I usually do my nails when I’m sitting on the sofa, and this cushion helps me get my nails up in a good height for polishing them.

The size is 30cm x 10cm x 5.5cm (approximately 11.8in x 3.9in x 2.2in)
Here’s a picture of it with my hand on it, so you can see the size of it.


I need to get used to working on the cushion and make myself some good habits with it. I’m not overly thrilled yet, but I still think it’s a pretty good piece of equipment. Perhaps someone who do other people’s nails will appreciate it more than me. I’m only ever doing my own nails :)

The verdict:

Pros:
-         It helps creating a good work height
-         The cushion is firm, helping you keep your hands steady
-         I love the tiger/leopard design
-         It’s a very good idea *under the right circumstances*

Cons:
-         It’s plastic, I don’t like the feel of it
-         It’s easier (for me) to just do my own stuff without it


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome, it's fun to try something new.

      Delete
  2. From what I have seen IRL (nail tec.) it for a client resting her wrists on it, while the nail tec. does her nails, sitting opposite of her.
    LOL but I agree, plastic is no fun, especially when it gets warmer, yuck...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, that's probably what it's for. I was surprised to feel that it was so hard, and also the plastic, not crazy about that! :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't know Born Pretty did things like that, I think it's really cool and I love the print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to find it too, and the print is SOOOO me! :D

      Delete
  4. I like the leopard design too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, lovely blog!

    i have a new post on how to make clover cupcakes
    what do you think?

    christie-mariee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your cupcakes look really delicious!! Yum yum!

      Delete