Thursday, February 21, 2013

Flormar 38 and 39 in a stripey glitter gradient

Flormar Supershine ~ 38 and 39
Fuchsia with purple glass flecks and silver glitter with bits of holo glitter

I bought these two Flormar polishes in Germany on my most recent trip there. I decided to use them for a glitter gradient with striping tape effect.

I started out with three layers of #38, the fuchsia. The formula was a bit on the thin side and drying time was a killer. It took three dreadful coats before it was relatively opaque. Yaaarrrgh! Had it dried faster, I would have added a fourth coat, but I simply didn’t have the patience for that. So, three coats, and then Sally Hansen Dry Kwik, which is a liquid that makes the polish dry faster.

Here’s what three coats of #38 looks like, without top coat:





This is the first Flormar I’m not satisfied with. I’ve never experienced that lack of pigmentation and that long drying time. If this had been my first Flormar, it might well have been the last. Fortunately I tried some of it’s cousins on first! :)



Then I put on three bits of striping tape on the tip of each nail and sponged a gradient over it with #39. I removed the striping tape while the polish was still wet. I think striping tape can be a bit of a struggle to work with, so I did one nail at the time, in order not to get striping tape all over! :D



I finished my mani with a layer of NYC Fast Drying top coat, and here’s how it ended up looking:




And another pic:



The glitter gradient makes this rock in my opinion, so #39 gets to stay in my collection. I’ve already found a new home for her sister, #38.



Do you like the stripes in the gradient? Or it is too much? 

17 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love the mani :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! But I never buy that kind of purple shade as I know from experience how sheer and slow-drying it is! Very pretty though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should learn from my experience too, but I'm not sure I will, LOL! :D

      Delete
  3. This is a super pretty stripy mani - very subtle and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my friend! I really hope you'll get better soon!

      Delete
  4. I love how you combined the stripes with the gradient - definitely not too much! Just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you don't know how happy I am to hear that! :)

      Delete
  5. It looks super cool :)
    The combination of striping and gradient, seem like something i would do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking forward to seeing your striped gradient for sure!! :)

      Delete
  6. The purple reminds of revlon grapefizz :) Love both colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. This silver holo fade looks amazing! I like this money so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, I'm really happy to read that :)

      Delete
  8. Oh this came out so cool! I love how you did the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mani! The stripey gradient is totally inspired!! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete