Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fire Gradient


Fire Gradient

I wanted to try and make a fire gradient.

I started out with Sally Hansen X-treme Nail wear’s “Crushed”, which is a bright, shimmery orange. It was a really easy polish to work with, and drying time was average. I gave it two coats, and it looked like this:



Then I used a eyeshadow applicator to sponge on some red for the depth of the fire. I used Astor #25, which is a deep red with a golden shimmer. Perfect for this type of mani in my opinion.

Here’s that step: 


Then I stamped the flames on. I used stamping plate DRK-B and a black no name stamping polish. I don’t have pictures of that step, sorry! :)

I finished my mani by adding a layer of Nubar’s flakie “2010”, which really added something to the flames. I love the sparkle of these particular flakies.


I must admit that I like it way better on the pictures than I did in real life. I need to try out some other stamps of flames, but I’m not totally convinced that I like these ones. 


Here are the polishes I used:


This was a learning experience to me, and not my best work, but not the worst either.

Have you ever done a flame mani? If yes, please link me to it in the comments – I’d love to see it!

18 comments:

  1. I think you should choose another "fire" color for the stamping - that would work better.
    And yes I have done 3-5 fire mani's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, that's a good point, I'll try that, thanks :)
      I need to explore your old manis more :)

      Delete
  2. "Crushed" looks like a stunning polish! I like your flame idea, especially using flakies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very positively surprised over that polish :)

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I never tried a fire design but looks great on the nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh great idea! I've seen a lot of flames and fire, but not quite like this. I think Nubar did the perfect trick! :) Kisses

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so happy to hear it! :) Xx

      Delete
  5. Your gradient is gorgeous! And I actually like the fire stamp you chose. It's a great mani overall! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like real fire! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete