Sunday, February 17, 2013

Catrice ~ George Blueney with holo stamping



Catrice ~ George Blueney  
Dark blue with blue and purple shimmer

Meet Mr. George Blueney, a deep, dark, handsome stranger!

I love Catrice polishes. They’re usually well pigmented, easy to apply and fast drying. Mr. Blueney is no exception. I applied two coats, even though one might have been enough. The shimmer is fantastic. It doesn’t show it’s purple side much, but the blue… oh wow!

Here’s what two coats look like, no top coat:


I stamped on it, using a Kiko holo with number 399, called Silk Taupe. I don’t think I am going to use this polish on it’s own, so I thought I’d give it a go for stamping. And it works!

I used the stamping plate from Cheeky CH11, and stamped all my nails with the same pattern. I topped it up with BK top coat, which was so kind as to not smear my design. BK, I thank thee :D 



It actually reminds me of tortoise shells, even though the base colour is blue and not green or brown. I think it is pretty cool.


Here are the two polishes, I used:


What do you think of stamping with holo polishes? Cool or not cool?
I can’t wait for the sun to come out and play soon!


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

20 comments:

  1. I think i have that Catrice!
    Loved the combinition!
    Yesterday I tried stamping with magnectic nail polishes.
    Only 2 worked but finaly I got a metalic nail polish to stamp.

    Kisses,
    Z
    http://unhasfofasdaz.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it's good that you at least found a couple that worked! :)

      Delete
  2. He is a handsome guy - and the stamping matches him great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm beginning to really like holo stamping, so it's cool that you like it :)

      Delete
  4. Haha just love the name of the blue :)
    Great mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like most of Catrice's names for their polishes, and this one is one of them :) Thanks!!

      Delete
  5. George Blueney is simply amazing! And it looks even better with stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really liked him with the stamp on too :)

      Delete
  6. That blue is quite stunning! And I like the stamp design; it reminds me of tortoise shells too. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that just funny! I'd love to see a blue turtle :)

      Delete
  7. I loved the stamping! Blueney is not my type of colour, although it looks very nice on you, but the stamping is just great! I have Cheeky plates, but the other collection, starting with CH30... Maybe I should get that one as well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially like this design because it's a really nice all nail design - I'll use it again!
      And yes, there are definitely more stamps in that collection that you'll love :)

      Delete