Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pastel ~ 11


Pastel ~ 11
Dusty denim blue with sparse microglitter

This polish is also one my dear friend Aylin from Posh Nail Art sent to me in a swap! I was surprised to see the fine shimmer, and I think that it gives the polish that little extra that any polish should have :)

Application was really easy, and the pigmentation was great. Another Turkish one coater, yay! I applied two coats to give the polish the best conditions to show off.

Here’s that step:



See that shimmer in the bottle? It also shows on the nails, just not as much, but enough to meet the eye!

 
I sat for a while a tried to decide what to do with it. I decided to enhance the shimmer, and applied a layer of a great topper from Catrice, namely the now discontinued “Godfather of Pearl”. It’s a shimmery topper, that adds a fantastic shimmer to any other polish. It made Pastel #11 flash both blue and purple; not bad at all! Here’s that step:


Isn’t that just pretty. I like that a lot!

I stamped on it, using my DRK-A stamping plate, and stamped with Essie’s “Nothing Else Metals”, which is a really good polish for stamping. And here’s the result of that:


Skulls with little bows – how cute is that?!



I am not sure that I stamped with the right colour here, perhaps a silver would have worked a bit better. But hey – this whole blogging experience is also a learning experience for me. I am so glad you’re taking this journey with me! :)

Pastel ~ 11
Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. The base looks gorgeous with your sparkly topper and I just love skulls and bows. Great combo :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love that topper so much :)

      Delete
  2. That topper from Catrice looks really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, so pretty - even if my head spins when Pastel and this dark color is in the same sentence LOL - my head want and craves PASTELS at the moment ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand that - it's so confusing with that name and then anti-pastel colours.
      Now is your time for buying pastel polishes, now spring approaches :)

      Delete
  4. I like everything about this mani including the color of stamped design! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, it means a lot to me!! :)

      Delete
  5. It looks really cool with the "Godfather of Pearl" over it :)

    ReplyDelete