Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Orly ~ Mermaid Tale


Orly ~ Mermaid Tale  
Green and blue glitters in various sizes

Mermaid Tale is another glitter from the Flash Glam FX Collection from summer 2012.

I started out with Color Club’s “Perfect Mol-Ten” from their Foil collection from autumn 2011. It’s a perfect one coater, which also works for stamping. I applied one coat, and hadn’t problems with streaks or anything. The polish simply glided on without much of an effort.

So here’s one coat, no top coat:


And from another angle, so the foil effect really shows:



Then I had a tape mani in mind. I taped the first nail, and painted on a layer of Mermail Tale, only to find out that this polish isn’t dense enough to give me the desired effect. That made me change my mind. So, I removed the tape and painted one coat of Mermaid Tale on the entire nail. That looked much better. I did the same with the remaining nine nails. I had to dab the glitter on in order to make it spread evenly.

I finished with a layer of Seche Vite top coat, and here’s how it looked:


I’m not totally satisfied with this. First of all: This isn’t what I wanted in the first place. And second of all: That glitter needs some darker underwear.


I must admit that I am disappointed in this glitter, so I’m not sure I’m going to keep it. I might give it a second chance, but if that doesn’t work out either, someone will have to adopt it!

Opacity: 3/10
Colour, prettiness: 5/10
Durability: 4/10
Value for money: 4/10
Overall: 4/10
Buy again: No

10 comments:

  1. I like this look - and I would adopt Mermaid Tale - if would be perfect for you know what :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you'd use it for :) And it would look great too!

      Delete
  2. I L-O-V-E the orly glitter! So just hand it to me :)
    Must admit that the Color Club aint my kind of color, But it Looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it seems that everybody likes the Orly glitter except me, who seriously wasn't impressed :D

      Delete
  3. Really pretty! I love the combination! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Green is good for they eyes :D

      Delete
  4. I have go deeper from the same collection and I adore it. Mermaids tale was next on my list but if its not dense enough I might pass xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got Go Deeper as well, and I love it. This one didn't end up like a favourite like Go Deeper did :)

      Delete