Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Isadora ~ Peacock with OPI and Finger Paint glitters


Isadora ~ Peacock
Deep vibrant blue

Peacock is the last polish I bought from Isadora’s “Jewels of the Orient” collection from autumn 2012. I have several blue polishes in this shade, but knowing the quality of Isadora, I decided to buy it anyway. And I wasn’t disappointed.

The formula is just as good as I’ve come to expect with Isadora. It covered perfectly in one easy coat. Consequently I decided to not apply another, because I couldn’t believe that it would make it any prettier. Don’t take my word for it though – take a look at this pic. It’s one coat, and no top coat yet:


How about that?

Then I applied a coat of OPI “Pirouette my Whistle”, which is a clear base with small silver glitters, and larger white hexagons. It’s from the New York City Ballet collection from spring 2012. It was the only one I picked up from that collection: I am definitely not into nudes, but I love glitters!

This is one coat of glitter over the Peacock:


It reminds me of a clear blue winter sky with snow! I love this:




Then I decided to add more glitter. Yes, there’s always room for more glitter, lol!!

I sponged Finger Paint’s “Laugh my Art off” on the tips. It’s a blue base packed with small blue glitters.

After that I finished with a layer of NYC top coat:


And the final mani from another angle:


Here’s the bottle shot:


So, what do you think? Isn’t this just a perfect winter mani or what?


Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes

29 comments:

  1. I can't believe the blue is do gorgeous in just one coat! I love the OPI glitter too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Isadora blue is just an amazing polish! The perfect one coater in such a pretty colour :)

      Delete
  2. Pirouette my Whistle er så fin!!! og ja, jeg er helt enig: there’s always room for more glitter! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg er så glad for den OPI, fordi den nærmest kan bruges til alting :)

      Delete
  3. I love this gradient effect! And the quality of the Isadora polish is amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do too :) The Isadora is such a gem, I love it!

      Delete
  4. great blue color! it's amazing that this blue is one-coater :) and the gradient is so lovely, pretty manicure!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie, it's so nice of you! <3

      Delete
  5. That is one of the prettiest manis I have seen from you - a clear Top-5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PMW is a certain favorite of mine. Very beautiful on this mani. Blues are so pretty.. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a soft spot for blues too, and also for that glitter, so we're on the same page :)

      Delete
  7. I have that OPI glitter and really like it! This is a gorgeous layering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate it. I am very pleased with it myself :)

      Delete
  8. Great Isadora :) The glitter extra looks perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There's nothing like a glitter to make manis prettier! :)

      Delete
  9. Wow that looks amazing!
    I love all 3 polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I love them all, they're great polishes! :)

      Delete
  10. I love the 3 polishes all together. Gives kind of a gradient effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cool together, these three, I really like them!

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous mani! I love how Pirouette My Whistle looks against the blue! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pirouette my Whistle is a great glitter, I like it on almost everything :)

      Delete
  12. oh i love the final results, looks awesome! you are making me crave some blues like these...i dont think i have anything like it. *goes and looks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I *really* like this shade of blue, so deep and pretty! :)

      Delete
  13. As a blue lover I'm in love with this manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww <3 The Isadora is one of my favourite blues! :)

      Delete