Tuesday, December 18, 2012

SMYTC Challenge Day 9: Holly



SMYTC Challenge Day 9: Holly

Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la!

I like holly; I think it’s really pretty. Red and green together in perfect harmony.

I went for the green first. I used Sinful Color’s “Kissy”, which is dark green, and very shimmery. The formula is no less than perfect, and I was satisfied with the opaqueness after two coats. And girl, does this baby shine!

Here’s a pic of what two coats, and no top coat look like:


Look at all the shiny glass flecks, they’re so pretty. It’s almost a shame to not leave them alone. I said almost!



For my berries I used a glitter from Amour called “Good Luck”. It’s a clear base with red glitters, and a sparse number of holographic glitters, along with red microglitter and red microbars. I don’t think I’ve ever seen microbars before, but here you have it.

I dotted three berries on each nail, and waited for a long while before adding a generous coat of Seche Vite topcoat. It was quite difficult to make the glitter look like berries, but I ended up being pleased with my work:


These two polishes go really well together in my opinion.


So let’s deck the halls with boughs of holly!

Please check out what the other girls made, I am sure they made something really pretty! See you over there!  



 Loading InLinkz ...

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I would have liked if they looked more like berries though :)

      Delete
  2. Just what I was going to say, Maria! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, these polishes make an awesome combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      It's only for Christmas I put red and green together though. It seems so right :)

      Delete