Monday, December 31, 2012

Red and Black mani with Fantasy Makers ~ Once upon a time


Fantasy Makers ~ Once upon a time  
Blackened base with red multisized glitter
- and five other polishes!

I was in the mood for a black/red mani, and since Fantasy Makers’ “Once Upon a Time” has been sitting and looking at me since I got her, I decided to include her in my mani.

But first – the base colours. I used Essence’s “Black is Back”, a black crème, Isadora’s “Orient Express”, which is a rich shimmery red, and Dare to Wear’s “High Heel Heaven”, which is a silver with microglitter. The red and the black are both one coaters, and the silver required two coats to be opague.

Here’s that step – no top coat yet:



Then I applied the red glitter on the black polish. There’s so much glitter in it, so I only needed one coat to make me happy. I applied a layer of Barry M’s “Burgundy Croc” on the silver, while it was still tacky.


I taped the red nails, and painted half of them black, also with the Essence I used earlier. Then I applied a layer of “Silver Dragon” from Daring Digits. It’s a clear base with tiny silver flecks. And then I topped it all with a layer of Poshé top coat, and my mani was done:


And here are the involved polishes:


Essence: Black is Back, Isadora: Orient Express, Dare to Wear: High Heel Heaven,
Fantasy Makers: Once Upon a Time, Barry M: Burgundy Croc, Daring Digits: Silver Dragon

So how’s that? Personally I think it’s awesome! I really like to have my nails in different styles like this, and I absolutely love red and black together.
What do you think? Is this a win or what? :)

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks really cool!!
    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you, and happy new year to you too :)

      Delete
  2. I loe this fun and gorgeous mani - and I wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and happy new year to you, my friend. :)

      Delete